Crunchy, caramelized cheese on the outside and warm, gooey cheese on the inside – this easy to make sandwich will have them begging for more. Using Cotswold – a smooth Double Gloucester flavors with chives – gives this sandwich extra flavor.
- 2 slices crusty, rustic bread such as Pane di Sesamo or Pane di Casa
- 2 slices (about 1/6th pound) Cotswold
- 1 1/2 slices Mild Swiss
- 1 T butter softened
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar
- Warm a skillet to medium heat
- Place Cotswold and Mild Swiss between two slices of bread and butter the outside of sandwich
- Place sandwich in skillet and cook until golden and crusty, then flip to other side
- When second side of sandwich is nearly done, place 1/2 cup of shredded smoked cheddar on an open area of skillet in the shape of the bread. Flip sandwich onto the cheese.
- When the cheese that is sticking out from the sides appears crusty and the cheese moves with the sandwich, place the other 1/2 cup of cheese on an open area of skillet, and flip sandwich, uncoated side down, onto this new pile of cheese.
- When the second side is crispy, remove sandwich from skillet, cut in half and serve.
Makes 1 sandwich.