- 4 oz sliced Streb’s Hickory Bacon
- 8 oz Kerrygold Irish Salted Butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 quarts milk
- 2/3 bottle Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
- 8 oz. Habanero Cheddar, sliced thin
- 4 oz Edam, sliced thin
- Salt & Pepper
- Sautée bacon until slightly crispy. Remove from pan and crumble. Set aside.
- Melt butter in bacon drippings, then whisk in flour. Continue to whisk over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add half of milk, a cup or two at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth.
- Continue to stir until mixture is hot and thickened.
- Stir in beer and crumbled bacon.
- Chop cheese and slowly add it into sauce, stirring thoroughly after each addition.
- Once cheese is melted, stir in remaining milk until it reaches desired consistency. Continue stirring until heated through.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and serve with a crusty loaf of bread.
From The Greater Gouda:
1/4 lb Streb’s Hickory Bacon
Kerrygold Salted Butter
1/2 lb Vintage Habanero Cheddar, sliced thin
1/4 lb Edam, sliced thin
1 Rustic French Batard, Pane di Casa, or Pane di Sesamo, optional
From Barley Hopsters:
1 bottle Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
1/2 gallon milk
Salt & pepper